It has been a while since I have visited this space and shared. I apologize. It has been an internal time for me and much is being created. I will be releasing a new Album in the spring of 2019 and I couldn’t be more excited to share the new songs and the new vibration with many many new people throughout the US and abroad.
In the meantime, I am returning to Cincinnati for a concert on 11/10 at my friend Vivienne Gerard’s home and I am so excited to see many of you in person. The amazing news is that Vivienne has created on online portal of light that all can tune into no matter location. I am holding a vibration within this portal and have already shared the chant Asato Ma to open the portal on 11/1 (yesterday). I will also be sharing a chant/musical vibration on 11/11 to close the portal. ANYONE and everyone can tune in by going to this PAGE and joining us in holding a powerful vibration of light for ourselves and all during these 11 days of November.
I am also singing and chanting locally here on Cape Cod for a private NEW MOON event on Nov. 7 at a home in Osterville. If you would like more info, please email me.
And save the dates of Dec. 7 and Jan. 5 for other New Moon chanting events locally on Cape Cod!
Thank you for listening.
Thank you for voting.
Thank you for being you!
love love love
Whew! I have been in some kind of vortex since January. Truly. Something about today – this new moon has delivered me into a whole new vibration. I couldn’t be more grateful.
The best news is, I have been writing tons of songs. These songs are a new vibration – a vibration that feels very connected to my 2012:Isn’t it Amazing? album. Like that album, I have had to travel deep inside and into dark places in order to allow what wants to come through, to come through.
I still spend time thinking “why can’t I just be a happy artist who is always motivated and moving forward? Why must I dive deep into the abyss in order to create?” In this moment, in the energy of this new moon, I laugh at this question. That is like asking, “why must I carry a baby for 9 months, Can’t I just think about it and it be here?”
I recently met a beautiful soul in the body of a young man at my favorite coffee shop in my town and he enlightened me by talking about the law of gestation. That is where I have been – GESTATING. And so, thank you for still being here and know that a whole new offering is coming and I can’t wait to share it. so much LOVE to all of you.
Happy Happy New Moon in May!
Here we are at the very beginning of 2018. What a blessing!
So much NEW music is coming through me right now and I can’t wait to share in a variety of ways. There will be lots of change here at AliciaMathewson.com as well as Sounding Still Wellness in 2018, so stay tuned and know that this year is THE year for all of us to become ALL THAT WE ARE with joy and ease.
As a way to take a breath and reflect (before everything starts rolling at light speed), I share my top 11 reflections of 2017. Why 11? Because 2018 is an 11 year – the number of Self Mastery. yeah baby.
Thanks for being a part of the integration and NEW CREATIONS to come.
I am so grateful for you!
Love Love Love
- I love my pussy hat: I remember this time last year. It was kind of heavy, even though I did trust in the big picture, I was feeling a lot. My trip to Washington DC on January 21 was long and historic and I am so grateful I was there physically. What has happened since – a great breaking of silence among women and all oppressed people gives me great hope that the energy of people can change our world
- Oops I am a music teacher: The joy and challenge and growth as a person and a musician I have experienced over the last year while teaching music at Cape Cod Academy has surprised me more than anything else. I knew in theory that children are here to teach me, but I had no idea until I accepted the challenge of stepping into and truly committing to an educational community here on Cape Cod what that really meant. I am so grateful for the opportunity and continued growth. To serve children and families through music is one of my greatest joys.
- Charleston, SC and the glory of American History: For spring break in April Kristen and I travelled to Charleston to meet her parents and had some extraordinary experiences. We ate amazing food at amazing restaurants, soaked in a little sun and visited Magnolia Plantation, where we saw a 400 year old tree standing in front of reproduced slave cabins. It was deep and painful and beautiful all at once. If you are interested in the history of Magnolia and the history of slavery in SC as well as civil war history from the point of view of SC, check out this website. We also visited the memorial to the Charleston 9 at AME church. Again powerfully sad and beautiful and I came upon some gorgeously landscaped outside spaces that included Alicia’s lawn and it felt somewhat magical. I am so grateful for the experience, especially as a life long new englander – there is so much shared colonial history that connected me to Charleston.
- 10 years since my mom passed: On May 17, the 10 year anniversary of my mom’s passing, I visited her grave with my niece Tess. It was early in the morning and Tess and I had a truly beautiful experience where Tess gave mom an update on all the grandchildren. It was so sweet, simple and filled with so much love. To see all that Tess has become and is becoming is one of my greatest joys and I am so grateful to her for making me an aunt (over 20 years ago!). I also was moved to plant bulbs last fall, so for the first time both my mom’s grave and Grandma and Grandpa Cuddy’s grave were blooming with life. I am not really into graves, but seeing the bulbs appear in early spring was truly magical. I wonder if they will bloom again this year…
- The Grace of Ireland and knowing Derek O’Neill: It was also the ten year anniversary of my first week-long workshop in Ireland with Derek O’Neill and my initiation as a Rising Star Energy Healing Teacher. Because of this, I chose to go to the June workshop again for the first time since 2013. All I can say is WOW! so many pieces came together for me and for so many others. Derek gave us this yantra as well as so many other gifts of awareness and consciousness. When I returned from Ireland, I received a mysterious package in the mail. I was literally looking around the Barnstable Post Office, like – is this real. Little did I know the gift it was and how it would all unfold (more on that later)
- When energy moves, MOVE: Following the trip to Ireland everything started moving including me and Kristen. With the help of her parents we moved into a new home right in Barnstable Village – pretty damn cool. I also moved my office for Sounding Still Wellness to Hyannis after almost 4 years of where I had been. It was a lot of change – a lot of throwing stuff out and packing and moving and it all seemed to happen in lighting speed. Below is a picture of the beautiful rose of sharon tree Kristen got me – we had to say goodbye to it at our old home – but we have planted new ones at the new home and look forward to many years of blossoms!
- The Solar Eclipse. One Day is Here. For the solar eclipse on Aug 21, I was on Cape Cod with Kristen and watched it on my computer as well as down at the BYC. It was a pretty mellow day, but I knew huge shifts were happening internally. My new friend Vivienne Gerard who wrote the book One Day is Here was having her own experience at a farm in the middle of the country. It was her book that I had received in the mail in June and after the eclipse, we began connecting on a more regular basis and our friendship and work together is only expanding. I highly recommend her book One Day is Here as a guide to awakening and expanding into different dimensions. The best part about the book is she recommends music to listen to as you read to help you integrate. She used 2 songs of mine from my 2012: isn’t Amazing record before she had even met me. That’s pretty cool!
- Back to school: September brought school and me getting to really set-up my music room in a new way. These were some of the posters I used and my cool new rainbow rug. It was a fabulous first half of the year and I look forward to winter and spring of 2018.
- 11/11 – portal into self-mastery: For 11/11 I travelled to Cincinnati and gave a concert at Vivienne’s home. I met an incredible group of fellow travelers and was treated like a queen in every way. I wish this kind of fun, sacredness, honoring of your gifts and yummy food for everyone. It truly was a most amazing weekend. Vivienne also led an 11/11 activation that included her powerful soul guiding meditation woven in with my music. I also did a bunch of rising stars. Needless to say, we were all changed and accelerated into this new vibration of 2018 – a year of self-mastery and more service and joy for all! We also at some yummy ice cream at Graeters – a truly Ohio thing to do apparently. Vivienne is a truly gifted guide, coach and healer, so check out her offerings which she can do in person or over the phone.
- Coming home again: The best part of traveling is coming home. Kristen and I hosted our first thanksgiving this year and it was a great success, as well as WAY WARMER than it is right now. That’s a pic of me and Kristen and my sister on a magical walk. We then travelled to Woodstock, NY for a great family christmas and are now under many blankets hanging out with Marley (our cat). We love our new home and feel so grateful.
- The energies of 2018 are powerful and so far have been super emotional for me. Here is a new poem I wrote this morning called BE CREATIVE AND TRUST in 2018 – It’s very personal and universal. First I wrote it and then recorded it. Nothing like a Full moon in Cancer on 1.1.2018 to get you flowing. 😉 LISTEN and FEEL .
Another December and I’m coming home, but not like I’ve ever done before
I can’t help but remember all the places you had me roam, so I could be here now for what’s in store
And I’m gonna Be the light I always dreamed I’d be
Be the light for all to see
Be the light I always dreamed I’d be
Be the light for all to see
-from Be The Light by Alicia Mathewson originally written in 2008, recorded in 2015
Happy New Moon to all! It’s an incredible time to be alive. I hope you are taking time to be still, listen to your favorite music, take walks in the woods, rest, drink water and connect with like minded loving friends. 2018 will be all about love. It’s YOUR Choice whether you focus on love or focus on fear. CHOOSE LOVE. it’ really is the best way to go.
Join me on THURSDAY this week at Power Yoga of Cape Cod Dennisport for an incredible evening of live music and yoga along with Kristen O’Toole, Stephanie Gilrein, Emily Harris and Leigh Alberti. Proceeds benefit SQ Foundation (global) and WE CAN (local), so it’s an opportunity to give yourself a GIFT while also serving others.
THANK YOU for being you and tuning in here. 2018 is bringing much change and expansion for me and many others, so stay tuned.
LOVE love love
We are in the new moon cycle in late October. It’s a wonderful time for transformation and musical awakening. I can feel lots of new songs bubbling up and am looking forward to a lot more writing and hopefully a new record soon.
In the meantime, my record Isn’t it Amazing? that I released in March of 2012 has circled back into the consciousness and has helped create an amazing new opportunity and experience for me and all who want to join!
I will be doing a house concert in Cincinnati, Ohio on 11/11 in the home of Vivienne Gerard followed by a Crystal Core Activation. Connecting with Vivienne and her work through her new book One Day is Here has been mystical, magical and incredibly affirming of why I make music. My songs Breath in Breath Out and Sweet September are highlighted in her book along with tracks by Snatam Kaur and Imagine Dragons. pretty cool musical company if you ask me.
All of the details for the concert and activation can be found here.
On Nov. 11, 2009, which I consider 11-11-11, I toned in the Great Pyramid at Giza and felt it as an initiation. This is a picture of what I saw when we exited the pyramid.
Now, 8 years later, the fullness of that experience will continue to evolve and expand. I hope you can join us for this most amazing event!
Happy New Year!!
Check out the single I am featuring this month “Freedom is an Inside Job”