Whew! I have been in some kind of vortex since January. Truly. Something about today – this new moon has delivered me into a whole new vibration. I couldn’t be more grateful.
The best news is, I have been writing tons of songs. These songs are a new vibration – a vibration that feels very connected to my 2012:Isn’t it Amazing? album. Like that album, I have had to travel deep inside and into dark places in order to allow what wants to come through, to come through.
I still spend time thinking “why can’t I just be a happy artist who is always motivated and moving forward? Why must I dive deep into the abyss in order to create?” In this moment, in the energy of this new moon, I laugh at this question. That is like asking, “why must I carry a baby for 9 months, Can’t I just think about it and it be here?”
I recently met a beautiful soul in the body of a young man at my favorite coffee shop in my town and he enlightened me by talking about the law of gestation. That is where I have been – GESTATING. And so, thank you for still being here and know that a whole new offering is coming and I can’t wait to share it. so much LOVE to all of you.
Happy Happy New Moon in May!
Here we are at the very beginning of 2018. What a blessing!
So much NEW music is coming through me right now and I can’t wait to share in a variety of ways. There will be lots of change here at AliciaMathewson.com as well as Sounding Still Wellness in 2018, so stay tuned and know that this year is THE year for all of us to become ALL THAT WE ARE with joy and ease.
As a way to take a breath and reflect (before everything starts rolling at light speed), I share my top 11 reflections of 2017. Why 11? Because 2018 is an 11 year – the number of Self Mastery. yeah baby.
Thanks for being a part of the integration and NEW CREATIONS to come.
I am so grateful for you!
Love Love Love
- I love my pussy hat: I remember this time last year. It was kind of heavy, even though I did trust in the big picture, I was feeling a lot. My trip to Washington DC on January 21 was long and historic and I am so grateful I was there physically. What has happened since – a great breaking of silence among women and all oppressed people gives me great hope that the energy of people can change our world
- Oops I am a music teacher: The joy and challenge and growth as a person and a musician I have experienced over the last year while teaching music at Cape Cod Academy has surprised me more than anything else. I knew in theory that children are here to teach me, but I had no idea until I accepted the challenge of stepping into and truly committing to an educational community here on Cape Cod what that really meant. I am so grateful for the opportunity and continued growth. To serve children and families through music is one of my greatest joys.
- Charleston, SC and the glory of American History: For spring break in April Kristen and I travelled to Charleston to meet her parents and had some extraordinary experiences. We ate amazing food at amazing restaurants, soaked in a little sun and visited Magnolia Plantation, where we saw a 400 year old tree standing in front of reproduced slave cabins. It was deep and painful and beautiful all at once. If you are interested in the history of Magnolia and the history of slavery in SC as well as civil war history from the point of view of SC, check out this website. We also visited the memorial to the Charleston 9 at AME church. Again powerfully sad and beautiful and I came upon some gorgeously landscaped outside spaces that included Alicia’s lawn and it felt somewhat magical. I am so grateful for the experience, especially as a life long new englander – there is so much shared colonial history that connected me to Charleston.
- 10 years since my mom passed: On May 17, the 10 year anniversary of my mom’s passing, I visited her grave with my niece Tess. It was early in the morning and Tess and I had a truly beautiful experience where Tess gave mom an update on all the grandchildren. It was so sweet, simple and filled with so much love. To see all that Tess has become and is becoming is one of my greatest joys and I am so grateful to her for making me an aunt (over 20 years ago!). I also was moved to plant bulbs last fall, so for the first time both my mom’s grave and Grandma and Grandpa Cuddy’s grave were blooming with life. I am not really into graves, but seeing the bulbs appear in early spring was truly magical. I wonder if they will bloom again this year…
- The Grace of Ireland and knowing Derek O’Neill: It was also the ten year anniversary of my first week-long workshop in Ireland with Derek O’Neill and my initiation as a Rising Star Energy Healing Teacher. Because of this, I chose to go to the June workshop again for the first time since 2013. All I can say is WOW! so many pieces came together for me and for so many others. Derek gave us this yantra as well as so many other gifts of awareness and consciousness. When I returned from Ireland, I received a mysterious package in the mail. I was literally looking around the Barnstable Post Office, like – is this real. Little did I know the gift it was and how it would all unfold (more on that later)
- When energy moves, MOVE: Following the trip to Ireland everything started moving including me and Kristen. With the help of her parents we moved into a new home right in Barnstable Village – pretty damn cool. I also moved my office for Sounding Still Wellness to Hyannis after almost 4 years of where I had been. It was a lot of change – a lot of throwing stuff out and packing and moving and it all seemed to happen in lighting speed. Below is a picture of the beautiful rose of sharon tree Kristen got me – we had to say goodbye to it at our old home – but we have planted new ones at the new home and look forward to many years of blossoms!
- The Solar Eclipse. One Day is Here. For the solar eclipse on Aug 21, I was on Cape Cod with Kristen and watched it on my computer as well as down at the BYC. It was a pretty mellow day, but I knew huge shifts were happening internally. My new friend Vivienne Gerard who wrote the book One Day is Here was having her own experience at a farm in the middle of the country. It was her book that I had received in the mail in June and after the eclipse, we began connecting on a more regular basis and our friendship and work together is only expanding. I highly recommend her book One Day is Here as a guide to awakening and expanding into different dimensions. The best part about the book is she recommends music to listen to as you read to help you integrate. She used 2 songs of mine from my 2012: isn’t Amazing record before she had even met me. That’s pretty cool!
- Back to school: September brought school and me getting to really set-up my music room in a new way. These were some of the posters I used and my cool new rainbow rug. It was a fabulous first half of the year and I look forward to winter and spring of 2018.
- 11/11 – portal into self-mastery: For 11/11 I travelled to Cincinnati and gave a concert at Vivienne’s home. I met an incredible group of fellow travelers and was treated like a queen in every way. I wish this kind of fun, sacredness, honoring of your gifts and yummy food for everyone. It truly was a most amazing weekend. Vivienne also led an 11/11 activation that included her powerful soul guiding meditation woven in with my music. I also did a bunch of rising stars. Needless to say, we were all changed and accelerated into this new vibration of 2018 – a year of self-mastery and more service and joy for all! We also at some yummy ice cream at Graeters – a truly Ohio thing to do apparently. Vivienne is a truly gifted guide, coach and healer, so check out her offerings which she can do in person or over the phone.
- Coming home again: The best part of traveling is coming home. Kristen and I hosted our first thanksgiving this year and it was a great success, as well as WAY WARMER than it is right now. That’s a pic of me and Kristen and my sister on a magical walk. We then travelled to Woodstock, NY for a great family christmas and are now under many blankets hanging out with Marley (our cat). We love our new home and feel so grateful.
- The energies of 2018 are powerful and so far have been super emotional for me. Here is a new poem I wrote this morning called BE CREATIVE AND TRUST in 2018 – It’s very personal and universal. First I wrote it and then recorded it. Nothing like a Full moon in Cancer on 1.1.2018 to get you flowing. 😉 LISTEN and FEEL .
We are in the new moon cycle in late October. It’s a wonderful time for transformation and musical awakening. I can feel lots of new songs bubbling up and am looking forward to a lot more writing and hopefully a new record soon.
In the meantime, my record Isn’t it Amazing? that I released in March of 2012 has circled back into the consciousness and has helped create an amazing new opportunity and experience for me and all who want to join!
I will be doing a house concert in Cincinnati, Ohio on 11/11 in the home of Vivienne Gerard followed by a Crystal Core Activation. Connecting with Vivienne and her work through her new book One Day is Here has been mystical, magical and incredibly affirming of why I make music. My songs Breath in Breath Out and Sweet September are highlighted in her book along with tracks by Snatam Kaur and Imagine Dragons. pretty cool musical company if you ask me.
All of the details for the concert and activation can be found here.
On Nov. 11, 2009, which I consider 11-11-11, I toned in the Great Pyramid at Giza and felt it as an initiation. This is a picture of what I saw when we exited the pyramid.
Now, 8 years later, the fullness of that experience will continue to evolve and expand. I hope you can join us for this most amazing event!
Lots and lots of gigs happening – both Singer/Songwriter gigs and Yoga Events. Check out Upcoming Events to see all the dates.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by all the world events, go listen to live music. It will do your soul good. I promise. stop scrolling through your phone, stop watching the news, stop fretting.
Go to the Beach. Breathe Deep. Be in Nature. Create Art. Love yourself. Play with friends. Happy Happy summer! love love love!
I recently started (again) the couch to 5K app and am on week 4. One of my favorite things about that app are the nice things it says to you throughout your 34 minute walk/run.
“Hey Awesome runner, you’re doing great!” or
DING “You’re half way there” and, finally my super favorite:
“Keep going, you’re worth it!”
Wouldn’t it be nice if we had an app like this for life. Right at that moment when you are feeling most defeated or weary of the emotional rollercoaster that can sometimes be your life, you would magically hear a little DING and then “Keep going, you’re worth it”
This is what I hope my songs are for some people. Music has certainly been that for me – a message from beyond saying, hey keep going, you’re worth it.
On this day May 17, I am feeling particularly grateful for all the times I heard “Keep going, you’re worth it” whether inside my own being or from the many friends and family I am blessed to have.
Today is the 9 year anniversary of my mom’s death and it does feel like some kind of completion for me. Since her passing, I have written many songs and released 3 CD’s. For this, I am incredibly proud and also am looking forward to all that is coming. In honor of this day and my mother, who was without a doubt one of the most important parts of me becoming the songwriter I am, I offer this song, Thy Will Be Done. I rarely perform it live, so you may not have even heard it.
Ps. KEEP GOING, YOU”RE WORTH IT!
A little over a week ago I had the pure pleasure of visiting Arizona and doing 2 shows. A house concert in Peoria and a chanting workshop at B Well Center in Scottsdale. Not only did the sun and 90 degree weather soothe my pale winter skin, but the community and opportunity to share my CD with folks that listened deeply was a balm to my soul.
Thank you, thank you to all who made that possible and helped celebrate the one-year anniversary of 2012: ISn’t it Amazing? with such joy (and desert heat).
If you are interested in hosting a House Concert, please CONTACT ME. I would love to come to your town and share the music.
Last weekend I also had the privilege of sharing the stage at The Island Merchant in Hyannis with Allen McGarry and friends on the actual anniversary of the release – 3/22/13. I was a rock star for a moment and Fairy Queen never rocked so hard. WATCH a short clip here.
So, What’s next? SO MUCH! Yoga Reaches Out on April 28 with an intro show and yoga class with Jaqui Bonwell on April 5 at Spinning Lotus Studios in Wayland MA, June 20-23 at Wanderlust Festival in VT with Jill Abraham and a return to my local schedule at the Chat House in Dennis this Saturday March 30 7-9pm. (See Full Schedule below)
So Rejoice with me this Saturday and beyond!
May we all be at peace and have lots of fun being!